This topic has 69 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by mtgame21.

• Author
     tmh23
    Participant

Great! Glad it worked.

@radu
    and and all of Seventhqueen support are the best support ever! Always able to find great solutions.

Camyen
    Participant

@Troy

Can’t agree more.

Camyen
    Participant

@Troy

May I ask which plugin are you using for BP’s friend connection? I see your BP profile tab has three options there: follower, following, and send invites. Thanks in advance.

tmh23
    Participant
     Camyen
    Participant

@Troy

Thank you.

Radu

Hi again,

You can remove that border using this css

COPY CODE

#buddypress div.profile {
        border-width: 0px !important;
    }

Let me know if is ok

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tmh23
    Participant

Works perfect. Removes the border.

Thanks!

tmh23
    Participant

Did you see my question about changing the color for the items on site-wide activity feed? (post #70142 above)

Troy

Radu

If you want to see directly member profile instead activity add this code

COPY CODE

/**
     * Change BuddyPress default Members landing tab.
     */
    define('BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT', 'profile' );

To kleo-child/functions.php

It’s ok ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Radu

Try this snippet

COPY CODE

#buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li a {
        color:#222;
        font-weight:bold;
        background-color:rgba(0, 128, 0, 0.7);
        padding:0 15px;
        margin: 0 2.5px;
    }

#buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li.selected a {
        color:#FFF !important;
        font-weight:bold;
    }

Let me know if is ok.

Regards

tmh23
    Participant

That snippet doesn’t appear to do anything.

Radu

The previous post is a reply to https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-change-the-size-of-the-profile-icons/#post-70142

tmh23
    Participant

I was not clear. I would like to have the text menu items shown in the screenshot on the site-wide activiy act like we made the other items work with the color green(#339933) and hover gray on the member profile page.

Troy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Test it please and let me know if is ok.

COPY CODE

/* Activity Page */
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li a{font-weight:bold;}
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs ul li a:hover {color: #339933 !important;}
    #buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li.selected a {color:#339933 !important;}

/* Profile Page */

#buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a:hover {color: #333 !important;}

Regards

tmh23
    Participant

It does work, however the selected one does not stay green (#339933) when selected.

Troy

tmh23
    Participant

Wait… It does work perfectly, I forgot to copy part of the code.

Thanks a million, you’ve been very, very helpful.

Troy

Radu

You’re welcome Troy.

Have a nice day.

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

@Radu
    I added the code above (post#70266) to the Kleo-Child function.php files and if I have the Child themes activated it works perfectly but if I activate the Kleo theme it doesn’t work. I might not understand how the Child theme works, but I thought that it would pull that code from the Child theme functions.php to work when the Kleo them was active.

Troy

Radu

Hi, please read this :

What is a child theme?
    A child theme is simply a theme that inherits the functionality and looks of another theme – the parent.

The whole idea of a child theme is that you can modify, and add to the functionality of that parent theme without modifying it directly. The parent remains intact, everything is built within the child theme.

But this sounds like additional work, right? Why would you want to play around with child themes if you can simply modify the theme you actually want to modify…?

Read entire article about child themes : http://themefuse.com/child-themes-what-they-are-how-to-use-them-and-why/

Regards

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

I think I understand. The Child Theme is now my active theme and loads that functions.php file before the themes functions.php.

With the Child Theme as the active theme… are all the other changes… plugins, page modifications etc. now in the main theme as well? What happens when I do my Updraft backup when the Child Theme is active? Is it backing up everything in the the Child and the Main theme?

Troy

Radu

Yes, the child running first then parent theme.

You can do backup with child theme activated.

It’s very good to use a child theme because if the parent theme needs an update, modifications and customization’s will be remain intact.

I’ve not used this plugin : UpdraftPlus Backup but normally it should be capable to backup child theme to, the easiest way is to download the child theme locally via ftp.

Cheers

Radu

tmh23
    Participant

Thank you! I’m all up and running with the Child Theme now and have a good understanding of it.
    Your help and support is greatly appreciated… the best I’ve ever seen!
    I’ve told several other people I know doing web design and development about Seventhqueen, your great products and support. #thebest

Troy.

Radu

Hi hamiltontroy007,

You’re welcome,

Thank you so much for wishes

Best Regards

Radu

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi, I am using Radu code from above to modify the sub-menus under the buddypress icons:

#buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li { background-color :transparent; padding:0px;margin-right:3px; border-radius:2px !important}
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a { color:#339933;font-weight:bold; line-height:1em }
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li#new-personal-li {background-color:tomato; line-height:1em;padding:2px;border-radius:2px !important}
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li:hover{ background-color:#666; }
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a:hover{ color:#fff; }

Right now, all of the sub-menu items have green text, and the hover text turns to grey, and when you select one, they are all green again.
    How would I modify this the make all of them default grey text, change the submenu text you are on with green text, and when you hover over a different submenu item, the text turns green.
    Thanks for the help

Radu

Hi,

Please add this css besides the above css

COPY CODE

#buddypress div#item-nav ul li.current a { color: green;}
    #buddypress div#item-nav ul li a:hover { color: green; }

Let me know if is ok like this

Regards

Radu

mtgame21
    Participant

Hi Radu, two things and I appended a pic this time so I could explain it better.

For the code above I changed the second line to red to test it. In the picture, my mouse was hovering over Notification. What I would like is to have the text for Wall, Profile, Notifications, Reviews….to always remain grey, and when I hover over Notifications, or a different one, the above icon turns red just like it is in the icon above Profile.

For the Sub-Menu with the words View, Edit, Change Profile Photo, and Change Cover. I would like them to default all to grey. If I clicked on View, it would be green text and all the others would remain grey text. Then my hover text color would be green.
    Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Replace the latest css that i provided with this

COPY CODE

#buddypress div#item-nav ul li a:hover:before { color: red !important; }
    #buddypress div#item-nav ul li.current a:before { color: red !important; }

Regarding the View, Edit, Change Profile Photo, and Change Cover, use this

COPY CODE

.main-color #buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li.selected a { color:green; }
    .main-color #buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li a:hover { color:green; }

Let me know if is ok.

Regards

Radu

mtgame21
    Participant

The first part worked perfect.

For the second item, I deleted everything from before below,

#buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li { background-color :transparent; padding:0px;margin-right:3px; border-radius:2px !important}
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a { color:#339933;font-weight:bold; line-height:1em }
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li#new-personal-li {background-color:tomato; line-height:1em;padding:2px;border-radius:2px !important}
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li:hover{ background-color:#666; }
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a:hover{ color:#fff;

and replaced with what you suggested:
    .main-color #buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li.selected a { color:green; }
    .main-color #buddypress div.item-list-tabs#subnav ul li a:hover { color:green; }

The default text color is gray and the selected one is green, and the hover text is green, perfect.
    Would just like to make font appear like it did in your previous code I removed, where I think the default type was bold?

Radu

Hi,

Please add this line

COPY CODE

It’s ok ?

Cheers

mtgame21
    Participant

With the added line:
    the subnav was green for every menu item.

I took out the reference to the color and it worked perfectly with the additional code you provided earlier. I have the all subnav items grey and the selected one is green and the hover ones turn green.
    #buddypress #item-body #subnav ul li a {font-weight:bold; line-height:1em }

Thanks for resolving.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?