This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author
     curlywatts
    Participant

I got the homepage search to work…even put resolved on previous topic. When out, did not touch computer, came back and the search is worse than before…picking up nothing. Really concerning

Please please help asap.

Project is stalled until satisfactory search capabilities are determined.

Catalin

Hello,

Please send me a link to your website.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     curlywatts
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, You probably figured this out already. Search fields are configured from Sweetdate – Buddypress

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

curlywatts
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. Yes i know that. Honestly spent hours on it. I want to know how to delete an option field in a field which is in a group? This is in the PROFILE FIELD area of Users.

Foe example the “country” field has “field Options” of all different countries….how do i delete a country i don’t want to appear as a field option?

This affected my search as a default value we set was not deletable…

Abe
    Keymaster

You edit that field from Users – Profile fields and delete that text for that option and save the field

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

curlywatts
    Participant

I wish….did it loads of times and the field option does not delete..and the default value forces back on its like its all forced…have you tried it your end?

Catalin

Hello,

I tested this and the option is gone if you delete the text and save the field. This functionality works normal.

Thank you,
    Catalin

curlywatts
    Participant

Its when the default value is set that it remains forced on. That has been the issue. By changing the field option from “drop down select box” to “Multi select box” you can uncheck default there and save and then return it to drop down. That worked for me. Just in case somebody else needs to know.

Catalin

thank you for your input.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Homepage search form’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?