This topic has 21 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by lululola.

• Author
     lululola
    Participant

REPOSTING: At some point as I was customizing, the HOME PINTEREST style only showed up as a wide screen layout. (I have everything set to Home Pinterest: custom sidebar, settings/reading/menu, rows show up as grid.) I have since deleted the Home Pinterest page thinking I would reload it but it’s nowhere in the files that I can see. HOW CAN I ADD the HOME PINTEREST PAGE BACK and then how do I get it to work as advertised? I most likely can’t wait any longer for support and will have to start all over with the theme.

sharmstr

Go to wp admin > appearance > kleo demo data and select specific page. https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#demo

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

lululola
    Participant

I already tried that but the page was not among the options any longer. I have since RE-installed WP, and re-installed the theme, and I STILL have a problem. So then I reinstalled the Visual Composer, and still had the same problem. Now I have put post grid in the column (previously it had “kleo posts”) and now I have the Pinterest style coming up but WITHOUT the demo media. I have the demo titles only.

lululola
    Participant

Actually, I don’t have the PINTEREST style grid back – it’s just a basic grid that appears now. Ugh.

lululola
    Participant

Please help! Nothing I do (see above – I’ve tried reloading everything from scratch) has brought back the Pinterest style layout. I’m now working in a different browser too.

sharmstr

respond privately with a link and admin credentials. I’ll have a look for you.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

lululola
    Participant

I have managed to get PINTEREST back by clicking “query” in the VS module… something I never had to do before.

But I still have problems retaining the colors I select in main area “column” containing Pinterest-style posts. It will not retain the border color. Can you advise regarding that?

sharmstr

Link please

lululola
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

1 – I’m using chrome. This is what I see. Same with Firefox. Are you seeing something different?

2 – I see lots of color changes including borders. What exactly is wrong?

3 – The background and posts are different colors. Unless you mean the article background

COPY CODE

article {
    background-color: green !important;
    }

.post-content {
    background-color: white !important;
    }

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     lululola
    Participant
     sharmstr

You need to add the css I gave you to get the color contrast. Change green to whatever you want.

Try clearing your chrome cache.

lululola
    Participant
     lululola
    Participant

I’ve discovered now after another wasted day, that the Visual Composer does not work. Seemingly the only way for my style changes to hold, is to change them via “edit page” or “theme options” and completely avoid Visual Composer. How shall I go about fixing that – so I can use Visual Composer?

lululola
    Participant

BTW, CHROME is still not displaying PINTEREST style (just full width posts). Only Safari is displaying PINTEREST style. I’ve cleared the cache twice. My Chrome is up to date. Please advise.

lululola
    Participant

Spoke too soon, the colors I have chosen and show that they are chosen do not show up. I have refreshed the browser upteen times to no avail. This has been all day one way or another, the colors are delayed or not at all or temporarily holding.

sharmstr

Credentials aren’t working.

I asked you to clear the cache because in Chrome you were (are) seeing the standard blog layout. Kleo has a layout switcher that if used will write your blog layout selection to a cookie. My assumption was at some point while you were trying to set this up, you enabled it and selected the standard layout. Instead of telling you to add the layout switcher and select masonry, the faster way is to clear your browser cache. I should have been more specific to say that you need to clear your cookies as well.

Kleo overrides many Visual Composer settings so you can set the styling via the row’s Section Style which allows you choose one of the styles you’ve set up in Theme Options. You can override that with the css I gave you previously. You can add the following to the page via the gear icon in VC

COPY CODE

/* the post outer container */
    article {
    background-color: red !important;
    }
    /* the post container */
    .post-content {
        background-color: green !important;
        border-color: blue !important;
    }

I purposely make the colors ugly so people can see exactly what part of the css does what.

lululola
    Participant

That’s exactly when it happened… I have cleared everything three times on Chrome but will try again after I resolve the NEW PROBLEM:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM in… plugins/js_composer/include/templates/shortcodes/vc_tta_pageable_section.php on line 10

Any help for that would be appreciated or do I have to start a new topic?

Thanks.

sharmstr

If you cant fix it by clearing the cookies, you can add the layout switcher long enough to select the masonry layout.

You dont have to open a new topic for the error, but if you had searched here or googled it, you’d see that the common fix is to make sure you’re running PHP 5.3+. I’m running 5.6.13 on all of my sites.

lululola
    Participant

OMG thank you! It was the cookies! I have cleared and it is fixed. I’d also come across the PHP update solution by searching and that issue is resolved too, thank you.

lululola
    Participant

I have the color problem again. Will not take the menu color changes.

lululola
    Participant

The menu colors stopped taking the changes after I imported more demo content.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?