This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Tom.

• Author
     sharmstr

I want to hide the title and footer sections of the registration page. It appears that the “theme general settings” are completely ignored on the registration page. Is there some sort of filter buddypress is running to intercept the page before general-title-section.php is called?

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Catalin

Hello,

You can add this code in your style.css file from your child theme folder:

COPY CODE

body.registration section.main-title,
    body.registration #footer
      {
       display:none;
      }

Let me know if this works.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sharmstr

I’m aware of how to do it via css. That doesnt really answer my question.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

@abe Help.

Please, can you guys make is possible to manage the registration page from within the admin? Here’s some reasons why.

– Easier for users to control look and feel.

– Hiding title, menus and footer via css will still output in the source code. I have a private site and I dont want any of that information available in any way shape or form unless someone is logged in. Adding a plugin to control if that information is displayed only if a user is logged in seems ridiculous since you almost have that capability anyways with the Theme General Setting in the page editor.

– Because I’m asking nicely 🙂

Mj
    Participant

+1

sharmstr

@majestic I edited /kleo/buddypress.php (the template for all buddypress pages) to check for the custom fields set on the register page, but only if you’re on the register page. Its not fully tested, but appears to be working fine. I’ve attached the code. Just save it as /kleo-child/buddypress.php. Let me know if you find any issues or it broke other parts of the site. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @sharmstr
    Indeed Buddypress ignores those page setings. we will add the required logic in 2.0 so you can manage that from each page edit

The update should be out this week.

Cheers

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Tom
    Participant

Great news @abe, I’m trying to do this too…

Abe
    Keymaster

We introduced this in 2.0. Also allowed you to change the default sidebar from that page edit.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Whoop!

Abe
    Keymaster

this should work now in 2.0
    Thanks @sharmstr for your suggestion and code 😉

---

sharmstr

Thanks Abe. Just tested it and it works great.

I still need to use a custom register.php file for adding a rev slider and other things, but this definitely helps. thank you!

Tom
    Participant

Hi @sharmstr and @abe, I just updated to BuddyPress 2.1 and KLEO 2.0, and I had misunderstood the above post and thought (in KLEO 2.0) that I’d be able to edit the registration page using the visual editor to add some text blocks and important notices we would like to make people aware of before registration.

I assume I therefore need to move /themes/kleo/buddypress/register.php to /themes/kleo-child/register.php and edit it directly there to add any additional text blocks we need.

Or is this page going to be made editable using the Visual Editor soon do you know?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

hi @Tom Indeed, to customize the template copy it to /themes/kleo-child/buddypress/register.php

make sure the template folder path is just like the one in the parent theme
    The register page is generated by Buddypress so I don’t think editing with VC is going to be in the near future

---

sharmstr

@Tom: Abe’s right. But you can run shortcodes within the register.php file.

Here’s a few things I’m doing with my setup

1 – Added a rev slider

COPY CODE

<?php putRevSlider( "slider2" ) ?>

2 – Added kleo gaps and dividers

COPY CODE

<?php echo do_shortcode('[kleo_gap size="20px" class="" id=""]') ?>
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[kleo_divider type="long" double="yes" position="center" text="Registration: Before You Sign Up" class="" id=""]') ?>

3 – BUT… you can actually run vc code using do_shortcode. Just build the page in wp-admin using vc, then switch to classic mode and copy. I haven’t tested all elements of vc, but what I have tested has worked. Also, I dont think you can output the xprofile fiends in the middle of a vc row, but you can put vc elements around it (top, bottom, sides.)

4 – I make all users accept 3 rules (similar to terms of service). Normally you’d put those fields in the “base” section of x-profile. I, however, didnt want those to show up on the front end when viewing someones base profile, so I created a separate profile group called “Registration”. They still show up in the profile, but under their own tab and away from the other user info people are interested in. Anyhow, to get those to show up on the profile page I use this loop. Note: the “registration” profile group is the “4” in profile_group_id below.

COPY CODE

<?php if ( bp_is_active( 'xprofile' ) ) : if ( bp_has_profile( array( 'profile_group_id' => 4, 'fetch_field_data' => false ) ) ) : while ( bp_profile_groups() ) : bp_the_profile_group(); ?>

Tom
    Participant

Thanks very much for your help @sharmstr and @abe – some very useful tips there – I’ll definitely modify it using some of the shortcodes you suggested too Abe.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hiding registration page sections’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?