This topic has 12 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     Douweboschma
    Participant

I would like to hide the whole area of the own profile picture and profile parts when the user is logged in. I find that it really is not nessecary to have it there statically, it takes away a lot of space and makes the profile unclear on laptops and I would much rather have that under a “view profile”. button.

Is this possible?

adam
    Participant

not a bad point. i’ve been struggling with a way to bring the nav bar (profile, messages, friends, settings, etc.) up higher on the page so it doesn’t get lost and your idea might help accomplish this. the other idea i had was bringing the nav bar up and having the menu ajaxed somehow so that each area opens and closes nicely without shifting everything around too much. something needs to be improved from a UX standpoint. @sqadmin what do you think?

JohnDoe
    Participant

Support.

Tenshi
    Participant

I agree! Switching between tabs (Activity, Profile, Settings, etc) brings the page up which requires you to scroll down again which can be a bit of a hassle. Would be nice if they just slide just like how the info is displayed beside the avatar.

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi there,

@Douweboschma
    , you can hide your own profile top area by adding this css to sweetdate-child/style.css or in WP admin – Sweetdate – Styling options – Quick css:

COPY CODE

.my-account #profile {display:none;}

We also did a trick here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/keeping-scroll-bar-on-the-last-position-when-refresh
    it makes the navigation links to take you lower on the screen, where the nav resides

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Douweboschma
    Participant

Wonderfull! That worked like charm. Is there any way to view your own complete profile? I can imagine that people like to check out what it looks like.

Douweboschma
    Participant

Got some complaints about exactly what I named in my former message. If it were possible to have for example a button or link with “view full profile” in place than it would help people to see their own profile in a more complete state too…

SQadmin
    Keymaster

That is not possible. Log out and see it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Douweboschma
    Participant

I just wonder. Is it not possible to hide the whole thing like under an accordion tab? So that you can hide and unhide the profile preview just for yourself?

I still think the whole is too large. Especially when people have long written descriptions in their profile.

I don’t think my users will see “logging out to see the profile” as a solution. It is not a solution on my site anyway as the profiles are not visible for logged out users. 😉

If this is hard to achieve with some simple means then I would really like to add this as a future request.

Abe
    Keymaster

We will think of something to add as a feature in next updates related to that

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Douweboschma
    Participant

Thanks. That sounds like a wonderful feature!

Douweboschma
    Participant

Hi, Did you ever come up with a solution to that?

Greetings,

D

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, please see our new Features request page where you can submit features and other users can vote so we can implement them

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/forum/feature-requests

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate Landing Page – HTML’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?