This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Catalin.

• Author
     4bservices
    Participant

I’ve asked this before and it wasn’t a bid deal but now that members are creating groups with forums left and right our forums page is looking like crap. How can I hide the groups forums on the /forums page without disabling the forum within the group?

I tried setting them to hidden which removed them from the /forums page but then I looked at the group and it said “This group doesn’t have a forum” or something like that.

4bservices
    Participant

I’ve googled this and I can’t find anything anywhere that speaks specifically on how to hide the group forums.

Catalin

Hello,

This is a default functionality of Buddypress and bbPress and you need to develop custom code to modify its behavior. You would need a developer for that.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     4bservices
    Participant

Will this work on this theme???

if you use bbpress shortcode [bbp-forum-index] for this page: http://jeepedin.com/forums/

replace it with this one [ bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id=4]
    and add as many shortcode of this type for each forum you want to show on the forum index.

For ex:
    [ bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id=4]
    [ bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id=5]
    [ bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id=7]
    [ bbp-single-forum id=$forum_id=11]

forum-index fetches ALL forums, single-forum fetches only the forum you indicate by his ID.

Catalin

Hello,

Take a look ata this:

http://bbpress.org/forums/topic/how-do-i-use-the-bbp-single-forum-idforum_id-shortcode-in-a-template-file/

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     4bservices
    Participant

Catalin,

I read through this and it seems as it’s not a solution. There is still issues? Should I just put that shortcode in a file in the child theme – the forum-archive.php?

The forum is a mess with all the group forums taking over where we wanted a structured forum.

Thank you so much for the help!!

Catalin

Hello,

the file that shows the template is this:

..\themes\sweetdate\bbpress\loop-forums.php

you will need to copy this file to your child theme, keeping the same structure and modify it as you please… you will need development skills tho.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?