This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     stratos11333
    Participant

Hi, I want to hide the admin user from appearing on the site, I have seen on the forums I must add this https://gist.github.com/dzmounir/6043674 but I have no idea how to do it?

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

You should activate the child theme as you see in the video tutorial https://archived.seventhqueen.com/video-tutorials and in the documentation. After that you connect by FTP to your server and add the code to wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/functions.php right before the closing php tag ?>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

stratos11333
    Participant

I have installed child theme now but it comes up with an error

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
    Sweetdate Child The parent theme is missing. Please install the “sweetdate” parent theme.

Abe
    Keymaster

if you looked at the tutorial, you must have both theme installed but only the child theme activated. Make sure you install the .zip files found under the WordPress folder in the package downloaded

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

stratos11333
    Participant

I did not install the child theme in the beginning, i installed it now, but it comes up with the error I said above, how do i get it to work?

stratos11333
    Participant

10 days…??? please can u resolve this not in another 10 days how can a person wait so long???

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I gave you some solutions to your problem. have you followed the video tutorial, included documentation to see how it should be done? I have also said that you need to install the child theme .zip file found under the WordPress folder in the package downloaded. Also you need the parent theme installed but not active

---

stratos11333
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

You are not reading my instructions or documentation instructions. Please read carefully: ” the .zip file found under the WordPress folder in the package downloaded”

---

stratos11333
    Participant

I have read, I cant find a solution hence my questions. Can you not tell me what is wrong? why will sweetdate child theme not work?

I can not delete the site and start again.

Anchora
    Participant

you need BOTH themes installed
    -sweetdate
    -sweetdate-child

…and the sweetdate-child is the activated one.

what is difficult about this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Stratos you are not uploading the right .zip file. It should be named sweetdate-child.zip

---

stratos11333
    Participant

Your’e right this should be simple… I have uploaded the sweetdate-child.zip file (the same way I did the sweet date theme). I have checked the ftp and the files are there?

It will not let me activate the sweetdate child theme as it has an BROKEN THEME ERROR

Name Description
    Sweetdate Child The parent theme is missing. Please install the “sweetdate” parent theme.

When I try again to install the theme this message comes up below.
    Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

Destination folder already exists. /usr/www/users/zestddzvcs/wp-content/themes/sweetdate-child/

Theme install failed.

SO HOW DO I INSTALL BOTH THEMES? And activate Sweet date child? What am i doing wrong??

Anchora
    Participant

there has NOT to be the .zip on the server.
    both themes must be un-packed, as folders.

stratos11333
    Participant

The Zip is not on the servers. The unpacked folders are there.

Abe
    Keymaster

just connect by ftp and in wp-content/themes put the sweetdate-child folder. try to delete it if is already there.

---

stratos11333
    Participant

Hi Abe, I did that, it still is the same.

Error below, Its been 16 days please HELP!!! This is crazy how it can not be sorted????

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description

Abe
    Keymaster

This process should be an easy one if you see the documentation and also follow the video tutorial to see how we did it.
    Try starting from the beginning, activate wordpress default theme, delete sweetdate and sweetdate-child then install them, sweetdate first and sweetdate-child after. Activate sweetdate-child. You probably just uploaded wrong folders. Just follow the documentation with care

---

stratos11333
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I see your problem. sweetdate theme is in another sweetdate folder so it is wp-content/themes/sweetdate/sweetdate but it should not be in two folders and only one sweetdate folder so you can see style.css in the root of the theme

---

stratos11333
    Participant

YAY, thank you I did that and the theme is still ok all info there, do not know how that happened as I uploaded the theme via wordpress.

New issue, I tried to put the code https://gist.github.com/dzmounir/6043674 on the sweetdate child/ functions.php and then when I went to test it, it will not let me see any members including myself?

Abe
    Keymaster

I don’t guarantee for that code if it 100% works. Some other users used it and worked

---

stratos11333
    Participant

So can I not hide the Admin user ?

Anchora
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

This script allows you to exclude users by their role: https://gist.github.com/dzmounir/8285459

---

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?