This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by ianll.

• Author
     ianll
    Participant

Hi here,
    I’ve attached an image to illustrate the issue. It looks like the entire header for groups is being displayed 2 times. Not sure how this happened. Could you take a look for me?
    http://shpromodev.wpengine.com/groups/studios-for-rent/

ianll
    Participant

Here is the example image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ianll
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     ianll
    Participant
     sharmstr

Look for a plugin conflict. I’ve seen this happen before and it was a plugin causing it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ianll
    Participant

sure was, what the file – plugin to see which templates/parts are being loaded… Thanks

sharmstr

Personally, I use this

COPY CODE

/**
     * show included template files
     */
    add_action('all','template_snoop');
    function template_snoop(){
        $args = func_get_args();
        if( !is_admin() and $args[0] ){
            if( $args[0] == 'template_include' ) {
                echo "<!-- Base Template: {$args[1]} -->\n";
            } elseif( strpos($args[0],'get_template_part_') === 0 ) {
                global $last_template_snoop;
                if( $last_template_snoop )
                    echo "\n\n<!-- End Template Part: {$last_template_snoop} -->";
                $tpl = rtrim(join('-',  array_slice($args,1)),'-').'.php';
                echo "\n<!-- Template Part: {$tpl} -->\n\n";
                $last_template_snoop = $tpl;
            }
        }
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

I just came across this as well: https://wordpress.org/plugins/show-current-template/screenshots/

ianll
    Participant

@sharmstr I guess I was wrong, its back. Here is what I found – this is a theme issue, still exists when plugins are deactivate Here is what I am seeing, the full width cover photo is not displayed when using the KLEO parent theme but when I use my child theme it is displayed and then duplicated like the example image I have in the thread above. Would you help me out and take a look?

sharmstr

What do you have in your child theme that’s causing it would be what you want to look for? Old Kleo code for the header in functions.php?

sharmstr

You have quite a few template files in your child theme. Did ensure they have the latest code when you upgraded to 3.0.4? Specifically the buddypress-functions.php file?

ianll
    Participant

Currently all plugins are deactivated except included ones and the only file that is active in the child theme is the style sheet. I’ve also commented out all the style sheet updates that have been made so it looks like the style sheet added to the parent theme…

Issue still exists…

Please help @sharmstr

ianll
    Participant
     ianll
    Participant

I did its a new child theme and I think copied all the files again…

sharmstr

If you are strictly copying them from the new kleo update and putting them into your child theme, then I have to ask why? The only reason to have them in there is if you need to edit them. So, when you say “think” do you mean that you edited the new Kleo files?

Either way, remove them and add them back one at a time testing for the double header after each one.

ianll
    Participant

ok so I tracked it down. I downloaded member-loop file created by one of your cohorts (maybe Laura) in the forums to try and alter the layout of the member cards. This file is causing the issue.

I have removed all the files that were not being altered, thanks.

Now I guess I’ll go back to this thread and see if I can get the best way to go. I think you actually directed me to this thread: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/member-customization

I am ultimately trying to make the member cards (in the member directory, group members directory, etc.) look like the attached. Can you point me in that direction, normally I would start a new thread but this issue was caused by trying to make this happen:>

I do have the xprofile fields displaying now via a function…
    Also need the CSS to remove the last update and last active from members profiles and member cards, if you can advise…

Thanks @sharmstr

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Did you try to do this before the update? If so, compare the new Kleo 3.0.4 file with the older file. If you cant sort it, start a new thread or ask for updated code on the old thread.

ianll
    Participant

@sharmstr no need I got this, thanks…

ianll
    Participant

also it was the member-loop file from @radu on this thread:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/member-customization
    that was causing the issues with the groups profile header picture.

ianll
    Participant

I added this file after update. I just went into the member-loop and removed the last active and latest update lines and altered the avatar size, should have just done this to begin with. Thanks!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?