This topic has 10 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Topher
    Participant

Support:

Here is the reply from a support ticket I submitted to GeoDirectory in reference to adding a change location link into the primary menu using GeoDirectory multiple locations add on plugin. It seems that KLEO is not fully compatible with GeoDirectory and the many add ons.

Please, I need this function to work as it renders site user from getting directory information based on their chosen location.

Here is GeoDirectories reply:

“It looks like the problem is with the theme.

We use a wordpress hook to add our links to the menu and it appears that KLEO Theme is using walker menu functions that are overriding the hook, making it impossible for GD (or any other plugin) to add custom links to the menus.

This should be reported to the theme author. They also seem to be pretty responsive with support and they advertise 100% compatibility with GD, so I’m sure theyare interested to fix it.”

Thanks

msattolo
    Participant

I am having the same problems. Not being able to set geodirectory menu into the theme!

Andrei

We,

We chosed to disable the menu links because you don’t have control over the one added by GD itself.
    You should just add the link to the Add Listing page wherever you want and in the case of the listing archive page you’ll have to create that link manually.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     msattolo
    Participant

Dear Andrei
    Please have a look on what the GD people is saying:

——————
    this is a known problem with Kleo.

The other member already reported it to Kleo author’s. The way the handle menus makes it impossible to add any custom link using the WordPress hook dedicated to that function.

I’m sure they are working on a solution already.
    ————-

Are you?
    This is esencial for me and my project. Please, let me know how to proceed
    Kind regards
    Miriam

Topher
    Participant

What is the current status of this support request? The GeoDirecty (Multiple Location Add On) switch location functions, and many other add ons does not work with KLEO. GeoDirectory support has essentially identified the problem as the KLEO theme and not their plugin.

gsnab
    Participant

I have the same problem with GeoDirecty and Multiple Location Add On switch not showing with Kleo, this is a major problem and makes Geodirectory useless with Kleo.

Please fix this or make a Theme Compatibility Pack like some other themes have.

//Emil

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     msattolo
    Participant

Hi
    Anyone from 7th queen is taking the time to solve this issue? It is at least three of us asking for the same.
    Please!
    Kind regards
    Miriam

Andrei

We don’t need to create a separate plugin as a compatibility addon, we have it already bundled in the theme.
    I’ve put this issues to our bug list and they will be addressed as soon as possible.

I’ll keep you updated with the status.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Andrei

In next theme version Kleo will support GeoDirectory menu items and the multi location menu switcher.

Keep an eye on the updates !

P.S. Ravelli
    Participant

Dear Kleo developers & Gd users,

Assuming that gd-pharmaliks are set up right; this topic seems to fit with my faithful which to enable the Kleo Gd-navigation (top) menu fixed. Is the top menu of the Kleo template is directed to page: ‘Add Listing’?

Gd-developers are reasoning that Kleo theme uses the ‘walker menu’. GeoDirectory is using a wordpress hook to add our links to the (Top) menu. Is GeoDirectory ‘multi-location menu switcher’ responsible for making use of the GeoDirectory > Desighn > Navigation > #options?

It seems to me that the Gd-App ‘lists’ is one of the last plug-in’s integrations that will be compatible with Kleo. Have I already miss crucial Kleo-update’s in relation to GeoDirectory compatibilities? After I found solutions with the above compatibility issues I want to add more Kleo Demo Data.

It might take me one or two months but what I eventually want is; I want it all:
    – Wp-multi-site (installed)
    magazine to promote (gd-listed) events;
    wp-affiliation to service producer stores of our sub-community;
    portfolio to show-off my own business profile;
    – and all the other Kleo-sections that are to work on one of my sub-domains/site (*.mysite.net).
    It seems that one Kleo Demo Data implementation will not delete previous settings to add an other theme presentation.

Hopefully, my ambitions aren’t higher than the expectations, goals and workflow. What I want is to morph some Demo Data or hide it for my visitors to develop our beautiful intended sub-community market space. Is it managable?

Please continue to do great work.

Andrei

Hello,

The update which will fix the geodirectory nav menu items integration will be out probably next week.

Regarding your project goals, I recommend you to have a secondary test site setup, where you can import all the demos and use it as a playground to understand how things work and to test how you can integrate all the features that you need.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?