This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ro1and.

• Author
     ro1and
    Participant

Hi, I’m attempting to display image galleries containing up to 500 photos each. I’ve tried multiple methods an all lead to the same result: Only what is loaded onto that initial page show in the theme’s lightbox (I use a “Load More” button as some of these galleries contain 500+ images). For example, I have it set to load 35 thumbnails masonry style, then a load more button to load more. After more load, any of the freshly loaded images I click on do not open in a lightbox, but a new page. I tried loading all thumbnails as a test and the lightbox displays them all, and works as it should but, as you can imagine the page-load time is unacceptable. Any ideas? Thank you!

ro1and
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hello,

I cannot view the page because returns 404 Error ( Page Not Found )

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ro1and
    Participant

Apologies, after deleting Nextgen Gallery (Nothing but issues with that mess of a plugin) I had to re-save my permalink structure as all my links were 404s…. Please visit the said link again, I truly appreciate any help with this one, Radu!

Andrei

The issue seems to come from the gallery plugin that you’re using.
    This happens because after you come and load additional content in the gallery ( when hitting load more button ), the plugin should also re-initiate the popup script in order to accept the new content.

You should contact that plugin author or if you have programming skills, make sure that after the load more action is complete, you also re-initiate your lightbox script.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ro1and
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation Andrei. Being the case, can you recommend any other way, or plugin to display a large number of photos? Thanks again for your time.

ro1and
    Participant

Could the answer be in this area of the plugin’s admin (see screenshot)? Any direction would be extremely helpful. Thanks guys.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Andrei

Yes, I think you might resolve your issue with the last option from that page, called “Endless scroll”. You will probably put the class of the link which wraps each of your image from the gallery.

You should better ask the author of that plugin for some guidance of how to use that option with your gallery.

Cheers

ro1and
    Participant

Am unable to figure this out but thanks just the same for helping out. This hasn’t been an issue with any previous themes so I’m guessing it’s a theme conflict somewhere.

Andrei

Could you please set your gallery again how it was and provide me credentials to your wp admin area. I’m sure it’s a simple setting that you missed out.

Cheers

ro1and
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Andrei

Good news,

I managed to fix your issue by adding the following js in your gallery page, using visual composer “Raw JS” element.
    Is not the best solution, but it works in your case, so if you’ll make more pages using Awesome Gallery, then you’ll have to add this js to each of your gallery page.

Cheers

COPY CODE

<script>
    function refreshMagnific(){
    	jQuery('a.asg-lightbox').magnificPopup({
    		type: 'image',
    		mainClass: 'asg-lightbox',
    		gallery:{
    		enabled: true
    		}
    	});
    }
    setInterval(refreshMagnific, 100);
    </script>

ro1and
    Participant

Andrei, you’re a genius sir! Thanks so much for the fix. Obviously way outside of the normal support provided with a theme and I truly appreciate that! 😀 I’ll add the script to the remaining photo pages and make sure all’s OK. Again, thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?