This topic has 27 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi there,

I am a big fan of both themes Sweetdate and Kleo. I recently bought Kleo for the single purpose of having a woocomerce/buddypress profile syncing.

After install I realize that this is a half done profile syncing, that is easily done with basic webhooks.

The issue is as followed:
    In buddypress only the woocommerce ‘my account’ tab shows with the links to ‘edit address’ and ‘view order’.
    When clicking these links it goes away from BP to the designated woocomerce pages and no link back to the buddypress profile.

I needed a theme that has a full intergration between buddypress and woocommerce because I want to:

Member data
    Edit your shipping and billing address directly in your member profile and find all personal information in one place.
    Checkout

Find your cart in your member profile.
    Purchase history

Find your payment history and acces your downloads from your member profile.
    History Single View

View of a single purchase in member profile
    Track your order

Track your order easy in your profile, with your order ID.
    This is given to the customer in the confirmation email you they have received.
    Activity Stream

All reviews written by customers are posted to the activity stream.
    All purchases the customers have made are posted to the activity stream.

Posting using an extra activity_type for reviews and purchase status updates (like: β€œ[Member A] has just wrote a [review] on [Example Product]β€œ, where words in square brackets are links to appropriate places).

Members can choose if they want their reviews and purchase activities to be shown in the activity stream or not.
    Synchronizing

It synchronizes all WooCommerce data with your BuddyPress data.
    If you register a new account via the checkout or add data like your billing address etc. the plugin will handle all the communication between WooCommerce and BuddyPress and keep the data synchronized.
    Fallback save

If you turn off BuddyPress for some reason, or the user don’t want to become a member the plugin fall back to the regular WooCommerce pages.

There is a plugin available that does exactly this by Themekraft.

Obviously it is my mistake to have assumed that the Kleo theme was having a full woo/buddy sync.

Now here are my questions:

1) will Kleo theme make possible a full profile sync just like the themekraft plugin?
    – If yes; When can this be expected?
    – If no;
    2) can I get your support in establishing the full sync (I have a basic understanding and just the right guidance to do it properly)
    – if no;
    3) If I decide to buy the themekraft plugin will it interfere with the themes basic profile syncing and what to do about it?

Thank you in advance and with high regards,
    Isidore

Andrei

Yes you are right, our buddypress <> woocommerce integration is for the moment at a basic level.
    We plan to improve it in the future but unfortunately for the moment, I can’t predict any new features or release times.

I’ve given a look at the themekraft bp <> woo integration plugin and seems quite nice, and I think that if it’s a good plugin written by buddypress standards then it will play nice with our theme.

If you buy the themekraft plugin and there’s any problem from our side, we’ll be right here to give a look at it and help you.

Looking forward.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Currently buying the themekraft plugin is not an option. Thanks to the EU vat regulations and my country’s new tax rules regarding digital goods the plugin is going to cost me $ 80.00 which is above my budget because I bought Kleo instead of the plugin.

Can you tell me which theme files I have to adjust to setup the integration manually or is it better with woocommerce webhooks?

Kind regards,
    Isidore

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

P.S: I found a good article on custom integration between woocommerce and buddy.

sharmstr

Isidore: You’ll see in that article that they too break out from the member profile to edit the address and redirect the user back to the profile after clicking save. Same as Kleo does πŸ™‚

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Thanks for the reply @sharmstr but it is not the same as Kleo does, as in the code there is the addition that it actually returns the member back to the profile page (in buddypress) when saving. This is something that kleo does not do.

I have opted out on using PMPro for now. I have Woo Subscriptions running, which is native to Woocommerce functioning and thus allows for a better representation in the member profiles. See attachments.

MY SUPPORT QUESTIONS ARE:

1) On the “Orders” tab it only shows 1 recent order, how can I make it show all orders?

2) Which theme files are responsible for the “Order” area in profile?

3) Is it better to use Woocommerce webhooks for buddypress intergration within your theme or should the Child theme function.php be used?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Hmmm. When saving an address it DOES take you back to the profile. See attached.

1 – Open up /kleo/lib/plugin-woocommerce/config.php. Search for

COPY CODE

wc_get_template( 'myaccount/my-orders.php', array( 'order_count' => 'all' ) );

and change it to

COPY CODE

wc_get_template( 'myaccount/my-orders.php', array( 'order_count' => $order_count ) );

I’ll make sure its fixed in the next update.

2 – It doesnt load custom template files. It uses buddypress screen functions to build the screen (section) then calls out

COPY CODE

wc_get_template( 'myaccount/my-orders.php', array( 'order_count' => $order_count ) );

That’s how Woo does it. Take a look at /plugins/woocommerce/templates/myaccount/my-account.php

3 – Personally I’d use webhooks. I didnt develop Kleo so maybe they feel differently, but I doubt it. I’ve notified the devs of this topic.

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Actually – I change my #3 answer. If it were me, I’d buy this: http://themekraft.com/store/woocommerce-buddypress-integration-wordpress-plugin/

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

@sharmstr In your attachment I see you have profile, shop and orders .. i don’t have the shop options in my buddypress profile, neither was the address sub-nav showing up in profile until I ussed the code as shown in that article I reffered to earlier.

Should it be standard for the Kleo theme to show the SHOP tab (meaning did I have a “bad install”) or do you have an additional plugin/code running to get that?

Regarding the themekraft plugin.. I introduced that one earlier in this post and also explained why I want to work around ussing that one πŸ™‚

sharmstr

Did you turn it on in theme options? Theme Options > Woo > Manage Account in BP

sharmstr

Oh and ignore the shop tab. That’s a different plugin all together (WC Vendors).

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Ah.. WC Vendors is also on my to do list πŸ™‚

But yes.. Manage in Buddypress is turned on

sharmstr

Ugh. Sorry. Of course you did.

The address is under the settings tab. Not the profile tab.

sharmstr

I put it there since that’s where you change other account information like email and password. I tried to make that clear by using the word “Orders” instead of my-account on the orders tab. Shoppers shouldnt be confused. Its only devs that get confused because they are used to everything being on a single page.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Checked and tested.

I have to say that ‘Address’ under the settings tab is a highly illogical place. This should be either placed under profile (most logic) or Orders (less logic but at least related). Can this be noticed as a feature request?

sharmstr

LOL. I anticipated your response.

sharmstr

If you want to change it, I’ve already given you the code location.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hahaha.. I have never been a confused dev before.

But I have to be honest.. I think what I want/need is not going to be achieved in a simple copy-past codes here and there (I am not that much of a dev).

I think the themekraft plugin will create the desired outcome… so I’ll stop wasting your time and get the plugin. I will give a heads up (in this post) to let you know how that works out.

Thanks so much for the help and brainstorm!

sharmstr

Cool.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

As promised a short update on the use of the themekraft plugin:

It seems to work perfect with the Kleo theme (see the screen attachments) and does what I wanted it to do:

A full BP/Woo intergration within the BP member area. It really adds some extra features that no other plugin or code is able to do and more important no conflicts!

How/Where can I change the Icons in the member-link bar (no idea how else to call it)?

Attachments:
     sharmstr

They are font icons. So depending on what they named the shop tab, you’d add css to give it an icon. I did it like this

COPY CODE

#buddypress div#item-nav ul #orders-personal-li a::before {
    	content: "\e87e";
    }

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Thank you for the info @sharmstr !!

bkozlowski
    Participant

Any updates on this post? Has KLEO been updated to handle full integration between Woo/Buddypress? I’d like to sync Woo Memberships & Woo Subscriptions.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

Hi there @bkozlowski

I understood that Kleo is not going to have a full woo/buddy integration. But I still would want that to happen as well. The themekraft plugin has been tested by me and just doesn’t work nice with kleo. Also doesn’t have a full integration with buddy as oppose to the way it markets itself.

Integration would seem easier to achief now with the new api features within woo & buddy. Not sure about this though.

Perhaps we should let Kleo support know we want this as a future request: full woo/buddy integration.

Then the more voices showing interest, the higher the chance will be that this is going to be implemented.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant
     bkozlowski
    Participant

@isidore – Thank you for the feedback regarding ThemeKraft’s plugin. I went to bed last night with the intention of testing it today and can now skip that process. I also, can’t wait for the KLEO dev team to implement this and will be creating some custom code myself. I’ll post it here when I get it wrapped up.

Ziels’Opdracht
    Participant

@bkozlowski – Myself more an implementer then developer had trouble with the themekraft plugin (and the support on it) which was reason for me to dodge the plugin as a whole. If you are more versed in development, you could see how it is wired and perhaps get it to work to your liking. Either way, any customized code to have a better integration between woo/buddy within kleo is very welcome.

Andrei

Such advanced implementation between plugins would require creating an additional plugin ( using the same approach like themekraft ).

This is not a feature that is meant to reside into a theme. But if the request from our community will be huge on this feature request we’ll then have to find a way to make it work.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?