This topic has 23 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     Science Times
    Participant

I have my facebook registration working great. I was wondering how I can add the facebook login to wp-login.php? Basically when someon comes back to the site and they click login from the menu (which takes them to mysite.com/wp-login.php) I want to have the Facebook login logo there as well as the standard WP login? Hope that makes sense….

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That makes sense. We are adding it in the next update. Thanks

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Science Times
    Participant

Any update on this? Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

We haven’t managed to add it in this update. We will do our best to add it in May update

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Science Times
    Participant

Ok thanks. Can you tell me how I can add the facebook login button to another part of the site?

Abe
    Keymaster

By PHP adding:

<?php kleo_fb_button();?>

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Facebook button will be available in KLEO 1.5.1 and until the update please edit the files below and replace the content from those files with the txt files attached:
    wp-content/themes/kleo/lib/theme-functions.php
    wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-facebook-login.php

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     brandonecarr
    Participant

Rockin’ bro!! Thanks so much Abe! I was wondering if there would be a way to add to the default WP registration as well. I’m going to look through the code right now to see if it’s obvious… Or is it something that’s going to take a bit of customizing? Regardless, everything looks awesome! http://stonerapproved.net Going to customize it a little bit to get the feel I’m looking for, but thanks so much for making it happen just like you promised. Look forward to the new update!

Brandon

Abe
    Keymaster

Default registration can be achieved by disabling Buddypress plugin which adds it custom register page. Try looking on Buddypress forums for a solution on that.

Cheers

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

Hey Abe-

Thanks for your response. I think wires got crossed on that one. I have the default registration page already. I was just wondering if the same way you added the Facebook login button to the wp-login.php Login Page, if it can be added to the wp-login.php Registration Page. However, I made a better life decision, and I removed the registration page altogether. Now, visitors can either login with the WP login or login/register with Facebook. Looks a lot cleaner, and the redirect is only to one place–also, there’s no having to check your email for your password. 😀 Check it out! http://stonerapproved.net Still not done, but it’s coming along nicely! Thanks for your help Abe.

Brandon

Abe
    Keymaster

Great. we will add the button to the register page too in next version as an alternative. Thanks

PS, just registered 😉

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks Abe. Until then, what I am noticing is that the Facebook button is only registering, and not logging user in. If you’re already registered, just click on the Facebook button to login again, and you’ll see what I mean.

Thanks bud!

Brandon

Abe
    Keymaster

I see what you mean and until next update see the fix in the updated file above
    wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-facebook-login.php

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

Hey Abe-

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I made both updates from above, and still unable to use login.

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

I tested it on our demo http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/wp-login.php and it should redirect you to the homepage if you updated this files: wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-facebook-login.php with the content from: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/function-facebook-login.php_.txt

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

Hmmm, okay. I just stepped out, but when I get home, I’ll give it another try. Perhaps one of my plugins is holding it back. I have a redirect plugin activated, but I deactivated it to test and it still didn’t work yesterday. I’ll go through when I get home. Thanks Abe!

Brandon

Abe
    Keymaster

I just replaced that file minutes ago since I came up with the fix after you mentioned it. It should work after you re-update that file.
    Cheers

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

Oh, okay, I was unaware that it was updated. We’re all good then. Should be fine pending update! Thanks again Abe for your awesome support!

Brandon

tristanj
    Participant

I’ve done the updates as above and the Facebook button works great from the registration screen. Is there any way of adding that FB button to the Login widget at all so you can select it from the home page for example?? Thanks 🙂

Abe
    Keymaster

@tristanj I don’t understand what you mean. Anyway in v1.6 we have added the Login modal where you have also the Facebook button

---

brandonecarr
    Participant

@tristenj You can add the Facebook button anywhere you want on the site using the following code:

<?php kleo_fb_button();?>

Good luck!

tristanj
    Participant

Cool. Thanks! 🙂

Sam
    Participant

Hi. I found a problem with facebook login on iOS devices (iPad), when I try to login from Safari, it opens new tab with facebook page, when I try to login from Google Chrome on my iPad, it says ‘Google chrome for iOS does not support this feature’. But other web-sites like Smartprogress.do works very well with facebook login and registration. I tested this feature on your demo page http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/e-learning-home/.
    How can I fix it?

Abe
    Keymaster

@Sam
    this is fixed and will be available in next theme version coming next week

---

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?