This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by labdesignbrasil.

• Author
     Miriam
    Participant

I would like to have an extenden search obove the list with users. My users should be able to search for items like “men” or “women” or by the city where they live. Is there any Shortcode oder Plugin? Looking forward to answers 🙂

Thanks, Miriam

sharmstr

Its already does that, no? I have select fields for things like timezone and star sign. I can use the built in members search box to find members who are Scorpios by typing in Scorpio. Maybe I’m not understanding exactly what you want to do.

Are you saying that you want to be able to type in the gender AND location? You put “or” so I’m not sure if that’s what you want or not.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Miriam
    Participant

I would like to ask for several items, e.g. men/women, city, age-range… It is possible to type it in the search-field of the template, but I think for my users it’s easier to have a little form, in which the can make their choices. Now I’m looking for a solution to build such a form.

I just find the plugin bp-profile-search, but it’s look not very pretty.

sharmstr

Okay. I understand now. I just installed the plugin to see what it looks like. The main thing I see is that the form title (Advanced Search by default) is on the same line as the first form field. To fix that add this to your child style.css

COPY CODE

.standard-form {
    clear: left;
    }

The issue with this is that the ‘standard-form’ class is used all over the place by Buddypress, so styling it in this way might screw other sections up. The author of the plugin has not provided any way of isolating the their form through css. If you choose to use this plugin, I’d ask them to add a div around the form so instead of using .standard-form to fix the alignment issue, you can use their div id or class.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Miriam
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Do you know any other Plugin with the same functionality like bp-profile-search? Otherwise I would contact the developer of the plugin.

sharmstr

I dont. But I’ve never looked into it. Based on the short time I’ve spent with bp profile search, it seems to work well. Just needs some tweaking. I still have it installed, so if you need help with the tweaks, let me know.

Miriam
    Participant

Thank you, I found a solution. I could style the search-area by define the id’s of the element in the plugin.

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

Hello!

I need the extended profile visible under user profile.

I just can see base, and the group created it can only be seen entering edit profile 🙁

This extended profile group must not be at registration process.

Any help will be very much appreciated 🙂

labdesignbrasil
    Participant

Soooorry…forget the above!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?