This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by shellycs.

• Author
     shellycs
    Participant

Hi there,

I am really loving this theme and the support forum. You guys have done an AMAZING job and I am really pleased with my site and its functionality. I have a couple of questions though:

1) After making customisations to the CSS and then updating the theme I realised I lost my customisations and that I should have been making changes in a child theme. So I have now installed the child theme and redid the settings and changes but it has made some issues with the site layout. For example I have a footer 1 menu set up and now the menu has big gaps where as footer 2 is fine. I also have a member carousel set up and now the image appears blurry where as it used to work fine before.

2) In terms of the auto update, how does that work with using a child theme? I’m not getting the latest update 2.4.1

My website is http://www.startupmum.com.au/preview

Thanks!
    Michelle

Radu

Hello, i cannot view your site. ( see screenshot )

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     shellycs
    Participant

Sorry, I have taken the preview mode off and you should be able to see it at http://www.startupmum.com.au

I have resolved issue 2 regarding updating of child theme but issue 1 I am still having problems with the column 1 footer menu. But I noticed its just the home page that the gap is happening, the other pages the same footer is working fine.

Radu

Hello,

In first column of footer, i see a A tag which in 2 and 3 columns A tag are not present,

You have footer.php in your child-theme ?

If you have please paste code here to take a look, or provide ftp details or admin user and pass.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     shellycs
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hello again,

Your problem was caused by unclosed “A” tag, which was added in kleo-child/functions.php. I have fixed it for you and now is ok.

Please make sure in the future that you disable any custom codes or plugins before posting a topic since the existing problem is not related to theme functionality.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     shellycs
    Participant

Thank you. Sorry for that….it was code I got from this forum…I don’t know how to do it myself which is why I didn’t pick up on it. Thank you for your help 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?