This topic has 13 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Abe.

• Author
     giouly
    Participant

Hi! I am using Kleo theme and it works perfect.
    I have created a menu with anchor tags to jump to specific location on the page.
    Although it works fine I want the scrolling to be smoother…
    Maybe somehow reducing the scrolling speed.
    Are there any ideas ?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that should require some Javascript code to accomplish that. Try searching for a jQuery plugin or something

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

giouly
    Participant

I thought it might be that!!
    If i find a solution I’ll let you know..
    Thanks.

potion5
    Participant

The Easy Smooth Scroll Links plugin works nicely. I’ve also attached a plugin that will add an anchor shortcode with an element for Visual Composer.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Rincon805
    Participant

Nice, but the Easy Smooth Scroll Links plugin conflicts with Kleo’s built-in scrolling css that operates the tabs, accordion, and toggles.

Anyone got a work around?

david_roehrig
    Participant

Easy Smooth Scroll Links plugin provides the possibility to exclude certain anchors which temporarily did the trick for me.
    The real question at hand, though, seems to be how to make use of the inbuilt functionality of the theme as it already uses smooth scroll in certain places…

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, I did a small improvement for you but you need access to the link so you can set a speed data attribute like:

COPY CODE

<a href="#section-in-page" class="kleo-scroll-to" data-speed="2000">MY LINK</a>

The speed attribute is in milliseconds and in my example above it means the animation to the specific section will take 2 seconds.

Here is the modified app.js and app.min.js to put in you theme in assets/js

Will be included in the next update too.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Attachments:
     Strothi
    Participant

Hey @abe,

I just noticed that you introduced support for tab links in your latest update, which is amazing!!! Was trying to fix that issue on Friday and now it’s already solved 🙂 Question: Any way to make this work together with the kleo-scroll-to option? I understand that I can set the time for specific links as described in your post, but how can I make that also work with the tab element? Any suggestion?

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards,
    Philip

Strothi
    Participant

@Abe,

upon further testing it turns out, that scroll/jump to tab actually doesn’t work as it should. If I’m already on the start page for example and I want to jump/scroll to a tab in that page, that does not work as the click on the menu has no effect except for changing the domain and referencing the tab. But it’s not reloading the page nor jumping/scrolling to the tab in question. If I’m however on a different page and click on the same menu entry, it takes me to the right tab. Tested in FF and Safari on Mac. To check what I meant, go to https://fslci.org and try to access the vision section via the top menu on the homepage.

Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Kind regards,
    Philip

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, just tested it and when I click it from the tab the tab works and the link is updated. If I copy the link and paste it in a new tab then the tab is also switched. What you want is to scroll to the element if the hash tag is in the link which I don’t think is a option I can make as default because it can cause some trouble to other users.

Maybe I will try to add it as an option from Theme options

---

Strothi
    Participant

@abe,

Thanks for looking into it. Indeed, that’s what I would need and it would be great to have that as an option 🙂 In the end, if I use the same principle for sections, it works as I need it, as in it jumps to the section. So it would make sense, if it does the same for tabs as well.

Kind regards,
    Philip

Strothi
    Participant

@abe,

solved my issue 🙂 I noticed that I can set a css class in my menu items, so I did and now it works. I can’t set the speed yet, but it works alright this way. Love it!

Kind regards,
    Philip

Strothi
    Participant

@abe, turns out, I was wrong 🙁 Didn’t see tab was already selected… So, this works only, when the tab I want to jump to has already been selected before. If it’s not selected and I click the menu item, it doesn’t do anything. So, back to where we were before.

Abe
    Keymaster

it works only for links to other pages and not for links in the same page since the check is done on page load

---

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?