This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: , , , ,

alexkingcreative
    Participant

Hey There

I’m wanting to change the layout of the featured image and main content of a blog post. Essentially, I’d like the featured image to be in a left column and the written content to be in a right column.

The site is for teacher printable resources. The image would be a preview of the resource with the writing being about the resource.

I have attached a mockup of what I’m trying to achieve.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     alexkingcreative
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

There’s no reason to make them portfolio posts. Just enable Visual Composer for posts and you can achieve the same thing as portfolio items.

But even going that route will be a pain. It might be easier from a non-coding standpoint, you’d have to fill out the title, image and currently there’s no shortcode for likes and social sharing.

You’re better off coding the layout so it will auto populate all of that stuff. There are lots of topics on here about customizing the layout. I know I’ve written up a few things on how I’ve done it. If you’re not comfortable with php then you’ll have to hire someone.

Again, more work a first, but will save you a ton of time in the end.

Do a search and read the topics about it. If you have questions about concepts and layouts lets us know.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

alexkingcreative
    Participant

Yes, I’m planning on having hundreds of these posts so the Visual Composer solution won’t work.

I will reach out to some developers about customizing the layout for me.

alexkingcreative
    Participant

While I’m at it,

How would you suggest going about creating a members area in which the paid members can download and print the documents that are available to them but unpaid members can only see watermarked previews of the documents and when they try to download them, they are prompted to join as a member.

sharmstr

Someone here might have a suggestion for you, but you’d probably get a better answer by the PMPro folks: http://www.paidmembershipspro.com/support/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?