This topic has 19 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by tmh23.

• Author

Tagged: ,

chazzzzy
    Participant

Users trying to change their profile pic on my website are not aware that when they klick “Change Profile Picture” in the sub Profile nav item, that they then have to SCROLL down to see that the page has changed.

If you could ADD #upload to the URL of the Change Profile Photo link to look like:

members/charles/profile/change-avatar/#upload

It would SCROLL to the changed page and the users would know what to do.

I have spent the whole day trying to figure this out to no avail.

Could you please tell me what to do?

Again, I just want to ADD #upload to the URL of the Profile/Change Profile Photo nav item.

Thanks!

Charles

sharmstr

I tried to add an anchor to the buddypress slugs the other day for someone else here and couldn’t get it work. Maybe ask over on the buddypress forum. I did a search over there and couldnt find anything.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello there
    I came with a quick solution that implies only adding this code to your child theme functions.php. This will make the page go a bit lower when clicking Buddypress navigation links

COPY CODE

/* Buddypress profile - scroll page below when clicking navigation */
    add_action('wp_footer', 'kleo_bp_add_link_nav');
    function kleo_bp_add_link_nav() {
        echo '<script>jQuery(document).ready(function() { ' . "\n\t" .
            'jQuery("#item-nav .item-list-tabs a, #item-body #subnav a").each(function() {' . "\n\t\t" .
            'jQuery(this).attr("href",jQuery(this).attr("href")+"#item-nav");' . "\n\t" .
            '}); ' . "\n" .
            '});</script>' . "\n";
    }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

sharmstr

Tricky 🙂

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

hehe, indeed 🙂

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

chazzzzy
    Participant

Wow Abe!! Thank you so much!! Works like a charm! Yeah!

You should perhaps include it in future updates as I’m sure others on laptops encounter the same issue.

Thanks again and thank you sharmstr for all your help as well!

Charles

chazzzzy
    Participant

Whoops.. Abe.. the code breaks the navigation from dropping down when you click the + sign on a mobile phone.

chazzzzy
    Participant

Actually, it breaks the whole clicking the + sign in the nav.. it no longer works as I guess it’s adding the #item-nav to that item as well.

chazzzzy
    Participant

OK.. I fixed it… I added :gt(0) to the links.. to get the following code:

COPY CODE

/* Buddypress profile - scroll page below when clicking navigation */
    add_action('wp_footer', 'kleo_bp_add_link_nav');
    function kleo_bp_add_link_nav() {
        echo '<script>jQuery(document).ready(function() { ' . "\n\t" .
            'jQuery("#item-nav .item-list-tabs a:gt(0), #item-body #subnav a:gt(0)").each(function() {' . "\n\t\t" .
            'jQuery(this).attr("href",jQuery(this).attr("href")+"#item-nav");' . "\n\t" .
            '}); ' . "\n" .
            '});</script>' . "\n";
    }

sharmstr

Nice job chazzzzy. I was going to ask about mobile. Thanks.

kobrakai75
    Participant

Is there any way to change this for the main links to “Friends”, “Messages” etc? You still have to scroll down to view your list of friends or messages (unless you have selected “show less”).

chazzzzy
    Participant

The code above actually makes it scroll down on all of those links, including the ones you arr asking for.

kobrakai75
    Participant

Hi chazzzzy, thanks for the response. I’m seeing the “#item-nav” added to the sub-profile links, but not to any of the links in my primary menu at the top.

No special customization in my menu, just created in the admin area: Appearance > Menus

Abe
    Keymaster

It won’t work for the main menu … only for Buddypress navigation. in the main menu add the #item-nav yourself 🙂

---

kobrakai75
    Participant

Hi Abe, no idea how to add that to main menu navigation. Does it require adding code to the child theme functions.php?

Thanks for your help with this.

Abe
    Keymaster

@kobrakai75 if you add a custom link then just add that at the end.. if you add one that is generated them you need to come with a script like the one above

---

kobrakai75
    Participant

Hi Abe, if I add my own custom links to the Primary Menu they can be seen by users who are not logged into the site, which I don’t want. Is there a way to hide the links and only make them appear to logged in users?

Abe
    Keymaster

use a plugin like https://wordpress.org/plugins/menu-items-visibility-control/

---

tmh23
    Participant

@chazzzzy

I’m using your code in post #33409 above and it works great! Really brilliant. Wondering if there is a way to tweak one thing. Currently is scrolls and hides the tab options… is there a way to change the spot where it scrolls to so that it consistently shows the tabs on both profile and groups pages.
    The first screen shot shows where it scrolls to now and the second screen shot is where it would be nice to have it scroll to… showing the other option tabs.

Thanks,
    Troy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     tmh23
    Participant

@abe

@chazzzzy

Can you help me modify this code so the page doesn’t jump so high up? I’d like to keep the profile menu tabs still visible on the page. See screen shots.

Thanks,
    Troy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?