This topic has 20 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by knt.

• Author
     knt
    Participant

Hi good day!

I’m very new to KLEO theme, honestly, i just purchased it. As i’m new to it, i find a lot of recommended and must have plugins to be installed. I know what the goals of my site are, and some of those plugins are needed while some are not.

I want to know if it’s safe to remove or uninstall the Revolution Slider and WPBakery Visual Composer as i’m not using them. I just want my site to be less cluttered and organized as well as fast.

Sincerely,
    knt

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there. Visual composer is needed since it adds shortcodes and allows you to build pages using drag&drop interface.
    Revolution slider is for the nice sliders you see for example at the top of the page here:
    http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/home-default/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

knt
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thank you for your response.

I’m not using Revolution Slider on my site, so is it safe to just uninstall it?

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes you can uninstall it if you are not using it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

knt
    Participant

Thank you Abe.

I have uninstalled it.

Now with the Visual Component, i’m new to it, i tried using it on the register page of buddypress. But the changes i made doesn’t reflect when i visit the register page.

Another problem is that when i click Frontend, it became unresponsive. What do you think is the reason?

Cheers!

knt
    Participant

Hello? any help?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, the registration page is automatically generated by BuddyPress and you can’t edit it from your admin pages menu. It takes all the fields from your Users – Profile fields – Base group page

---

knt
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your response. I’ve set my homepage to Register page in buddypress. The template that it renders is from site_name\wp-content\themes\kleo\buddypress\members\register.php right? Can i just modify this to my own liking? If you have a good book that could recommend to me about buddypress, i would greatly appreciate it.

Also, i’m not using the kleo child theme. I’m using the main kleo theme for performance concerns. Is this totally fine?

Cheers!

knt
    Participant

hello? no replies?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I think I forgot to hit enter on your reply since I already compose the messages earlier today. Here goes again:

Yes the template is right and if you don’t want to use the child theme then modify it there. Be careful on theme updates because you will loose your changes.
    For BP resources their site and google should be more than enough when searching for specific things.

Setting the homepage to register page is not OK since when logged in you will be in a redirection loop since it tries to redirect you back to home when logged in

Cheers

---

knt
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your reply.

It’s weird that i was able to make the register page the home page.

Here’s my settings:
    Settings > Reading > Front Page Display > A Static Page > Front page: Register

Scenario:
    When i’m in the homepage and i click the login button, a pop-up appears, and i fill it up with my credentials, and then i click log in, and it went through. Is there a way that i can configure the redirection when i have successfully logged in?

Cheers!

Abe
    Keymaster

See a plugin like Peter’s Redirect

---

knt
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your answer again.

Is there a way to make the activity stream look like pinterest?

Also, i’ve checked out the source code of my homepage, and to my surprise it calls a lot of css and js. Most of them are not needed in my home page. My home page is very simple. Just a registration form and simple description about my site. nothing fancy. I’m wondering if there’s a way that i may safely unload the unecessary css and js?

knt
    Participant

hello?

Abe
    Keymaster

For future reference please try to create a new topic for the questions you might have so others that are interested in a similar topic can view just that.
    Activity does not have a pinterest style look unfortunately.
    Those are loaded because the plugins register resources globally. I don’t know if there is a plugin that allows you to deregister resources just for a page..

Cheers

---

knt
    Participant

I see, we’ll thank you very much for all your help Abe. I’m been trying to make something nice using your theme.

Cheers!

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to help. Let me know when you finish it to take a look 😉

---

knt
    Participant

I’ll keep that in mind. 🙂

knt
    Participant

Hi @abe, i have confirmed that it’s totally safe to disable WpBakery Visual Composer. Visual Composer makes my wordpress site unresponsive, same applies to the dashboard. I couldn’t even add a new page with it enabled.

I don’t need Visual Composer because i prefer to create page templates myself.

Abe
    Keymaster

Yes it works without it but you will miss some shortcodes that VC comes with.

Cheers

---

knt
    Participant

I can live with that @abe, i can’t take the performance of my site when it’s enabled, plus it doesn’t even load when you click Frontend.

Cheers!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?