This topic has 26 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years by i3ock.

• Author
     nolls
    Participant

Hi,
    I have updated to the new Kleo 3.1.2 and BuddyPress Cover Photo plugin 1.3.1,
    there is a bug if I want to change cover photo, the klick on the camera
    opens the site http://mysite/members/username/profile/change-cover-image/ ->Error 404
    but the right link would be http://mysite/members/username/profile/change-cover/

How I can change the link?

nolls
    Participant

It works correctly in default BP Theme. (Without camera button).

maelga
    Participant

Have you updated to BP 2.4?

To 7th Queen:
    Is BuddyPress Cover Photo Plugin still needed with the new Cover Images feature introduced in BP 2.4?

nolls
    Participant

Yes, I have updated to BP 2.4.

nolls
    Participant

The bug exists only in relation with Kleo 3.1.2. In the older Version, the bug not appears.

i3ock
    Participant

same problem here 🙂

nolls
    Participant

After update Kleo the bug is still existing.

sharmstr

Check your buddypress settings. If you disable “Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” then you have to have “Allow registered members to upload cover images” enabled as well.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nolls
    Participant

Hi, no I have enable “Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core”.

sharmstr

With it enabled, it goes to /profile/change-cover on all of my sites. Do you have server caching and/or a cdn in place? Have you purged those?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nolls
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     nolls
    Participant

Please change the last posting as privat…

sharmstr

I also need a link

nolls
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     nolls
    Participant

just a moment, I have to update kleo. This time I use an older version.

sharmstr

Let me know when I can test

nolls
    Participant

Now you can loggin.

sharmstr

I’ve done some testing and the new bp_displayed_user_use_cover_image_header function in BP 2.4 isnt working correctly on your site. Under normal conditions with “Allow registered members to upload cover images” disabled, the Buddypress Cover Photo header will display. Since your install isnt working correctly, it displays the BP default options no matter what. Its probably due to a plugin conflict. Please test and let me know.

nolls
    Participant

I deactivate all plugins on my other side with the same bug. Only Bp and Bp Cover Photo not.
    Same bug.

sharmstr

@abe – can you take a look at this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello,
    the change-cover/ link is added by the BuddyPress cover image plugin(BPCP)
    this link will become unavailable once you have BuddyPress 2.4 installed and the latest BPCP plugin and the new one should be change-cover-image/ as it comes from the BP cover functionality

If you want to keep the BPCP functionality instead of BP core then you need to check “Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” but I recommend to stick with BP functionality

Also Kleo is at 3.1.3 version, try to update and make sure you don’t have any templates overridden in your child theme related to BuddyPress

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

nolls
    Participant

Thanks, I don’t override templates. I update to 3.1.3, in to installations is the same bug. Please log in with the account und see.

nolls
    Participant

How can I disable the icon (camera) to add/ change cover in profiles?
    So user have to edit only over the link in the Navigation of their profiles.

bruce7075
    Participant

Hi,

I have exactly same issue as nolls.

opens the site http://mysite/members/username/profile/change-cover-image/ ->Error 404
    but the right link would be http://mysite/members/username/profile/change-cover/

After reading above discussions, I still can’t fix this issue. Please kindly help! Thanks very much!

i3ock
    Participant

is there no way to remove the button? 🙁

Abe
    Keymaster

sure it is, add this css in your Theme options – Quick css section:

COPY CODE

.profile-cover-action {display: none;}

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

i3ock
    Participant

thx 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bug in BuddyPress Cover Photo Plugin 1.3.1’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?