This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     i.eric___
    Participant

Hello,

I really like how you can set a video as the thumbnail (featured image) for portfolio items.  Is this possible with post items?

sharmstr

Yes. Set the post format to video and put the video link in the media section of theme general settings (the section of the post editor. not to be confused with theme options in wp admin)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

i.eric___
    Participant

Hello,

I attempted to do this and it didn’t seem to work. This is what I did:

1. I added a new post.
    2. I selected “video” as the post format on the right side
    3. In “Them General Settings” at the bottom of the page, I added the video link.
    4. I then go to the website’s blog tab, but the video does not appear as the thumbnail.

You can see it at http://www.glowcitytour.com/blogtest/

Thanks

sharmstr

Because its a Kleo thing, not a VC thing. You need to use the Kleo Post Grid shortcode.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

i.eric___
    Participant

Is it possible to edit the Kleo Post element like VC Posts? I’m trying to create a blog with thumbnails as seen in the screenshot below, but I would also like to include videos in the grid like you can with portfolio.

The Kleo Posts shortcode doesn’t look very good. It doesn’t resize the photos to the same size, and it has empty space below each photo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     i.eric___
    Participant

Here’s what I’d like it to look like:

•No space between images
    •All images are resized to be the same size
    •Video used as a thumbnail

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Not without custom coding. You can contact dev@seventhqueen.com for a quote.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

sharmstr

Just had a thought that you might be able to use a plugin that allows you to set a video as the featured image. Not sure if it will work, but might be worth a shot.

i.eric___
    Participant

Thank you. Would you be able to recommend a plugin?

sharmstr

I’ve never used one. Just know they exist because another Kleo user had one and it was screwing up the Kleo posts shortcode.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?