This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author
     rexjaguarius
    Participant

Hello, it is critical for my application that I have a show interest field or similar that will allow a user to connect with another. I will then have specified time limits (say a two week period) where the users will be allowed to chat, then they need to make a decision about continuing.

I realize this is custom functionality and would not be supported, however I was hoping to be pointed in the right direction as to how to hook into the theme and create mutual interest fields for users, that also contain a datetime field so I can moderate their contact.

Can anyone give me tips as to where to start adding this kind of php functionality to Sweetdate, or share similar solutions people have come up with? Thank you so much.

rexjaguarius
    Participant

bump. This is critical to my application, I’m sure someone can point me at a few files.

rexjaguarius
    Participant

bump. This is critical to my application, I’m sure someone can point me at a few files.

Andrei

Hi,

Unfortunately your request will involve a lot more work and it can’t be resolved by “pointing a few files” because you don’t target files, usually this kind of features are built from ground up as plugins.

Your best shot will be to try and hire a developer to help you will this task.
    Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     rexjaguarius
    Participant

Hi Andrei, thanks for your response. I am a developer, I just don’t know buddypress/sweetdate. That’s why I was looking for a place to start.

Andrei

Well, you can start from the developer docs of buddypress, you can find a lot of resource over the internet, next is just up to your skills.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?